Unsure how to start a fitness routine or get a good workout? Intimidated by the gym “scene” and all of the fancy machines? Confused about fitness props and trackers that might be motivating? The lack of proper gear should not hinder you from starting a strength training regimen. Many items around your home can be used to substitute for store bought or gym equipment and are just as effective. Learn how to integrate elements that provide resistance in the form of weight, tension or pull and use them in the same way you would do with more refined equipment.
Community Services Department
8410 Lantern Point Dr.
Houston, TX 77054
CSD Large Training Room
Come prepared for class!
- Bring a pen or pencil
- Know your Employee ID # in order to properly sign in at the beginning of class
- Go to https://webapps2.harriscountytx.gov/hctraining
- Click on the (+) to expand the HUMAN RESOURCES & RISK MANAGEMENT classes & programs.
- Look for WELLNESS TRAINING 2019-2020. Click on Page 2 if WELLNESS TRAINING 2019-2020 is not on the 1st page.
- Click on the (+) to expand WELLNESS TRAINING 2019 - 2020
- Select the class you want to register for. Your registration is complete when you receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation, you are waitlisted.