Mental Health First Aid Training Course
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a course that gives people the skills to recognize symptoms of mental health and substance abuse problems, how to offer and provide initial help and how to guide a person toward appropriate treatments and other supportive help.
About This Virtual Course
The virtual course is broken into two parts.
- Part 1 is a self-paced introduction completed on the MHFA Learning Management System (LMS). This MUST be completed 3 days in advance of your scheduled class date.
- Part 2 is where you apply the skills covered in Part 1 in a live ZOOM class.
- Class size is limited to 20 Harris County employees per class date.
- You must complete the entire course (Parts 1 & 2) to receive the certification and points toward your Healthy Actions Medical Plan. Class dates occurring after November 1, 2020 will be credited to the 2022-23 Healthy Actions Medical Plan tracking period.
- Additional dates and locations will be posted throughout the year.
MORE DATES COMING SOON!
If you completed Mental Health First Aid that was not coordinated by Harris County Employee Wellness (i.e. your department, local instructors), and you would like to recieve Healthy Actions credit for the course, please complete the form and upload your MHFA certificate here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MHFA_HarrisCounty
The National Council for Behavioral Health owns and manages the administration of the Mental Health First Aid training course. If previously scheduled dates are changed or canceled, it is due to the decisions made by the National Council and not Harris County or our instructors from The Harris Center and Cigna.
Employees that complete the Mental Health First Aid certification course will earn 150 points toward the 2021-2022 Healthy Actions Medical Plan. Click here to learn more.