What is the Healthy Actions Medical Plan?
As a Harris County employee, you already have two amazing health insurance plans to choose from - the Base and Plus plans. For employees who commit to taking better care of their health, there are two additional plans available. These are completely optional, incentivized health insurance plans that require the completion of specific actions in order for the employee to qualify for them. The two plans are:
- Base Healthy Actions Medical Plan
- Plus Healthy Actions Medical Plan
These plans offer lower copays, lower deductibles and lower out-of-pocket maximums. To qualify for these plans you must earn 350 points on eligible healthy actions! Click here for the list of actions you can complete to qualify!
What are the benefits?
Regardless of whether you choose the Base Healthy Actions Medical Plan or Plus Healthy Actions Medical Plan, you could save money on your medical expenses. The Healthy Actions Medical Plan options offer:
- Lower copays (the amount you pay for physician office visits)
- Lower deductibles (the initial out-of-pocket costs that must be paid before the plan begins to pay benefits)
- Lower out-of-pocket maximums (the limit on what you must pay out of pocket for medical expenses within the calendar year)
- The same premium cost as your selected Base or Plus plan - there is no additional cost to you!
When does the program begin?
- Complete your actions from November 01, 2019 – October 31, 2020.
- The benefit will become active starting March 01, 2021.
How do I become eligible for the Healthy Actions Medical Plan?
You must earn a total of 350 Points to be eligible for the 2021-22 Healthy Actions Medical Plan.
See the table below for the full list of actions that can be completed to earn Healthy Actions points.
What is MyCigna.com?
MyCigna.com is Cigna’s platform that allows you to personalize your health care experience. You have access to two free tools with personalized services that help you manage and use your healthcare benefits. Your myCigna account, available online and through the Cigna App, puts control of your healthcare benefits and spending right at your fingertips.
- Find a doctor. Personalized search results make it easy to find the right doctor for you. Search by name, specialty, procedures, treatments and facilities so there aren't any surprises.
- Estimate medical costs. Review estimated costs for specific, in-network procedures, treatments and facilities so there aren't any surprises.
- Prescription drug price quote tool. Compare prices between Cigna Home Delivery PharmacySM and our network of retail pharmacies to help ensure you're getting the best price possible.
- Manage and track claims. Quickly search and sort claims, as well as track account balances like deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
How can I create a myCigna.com account?
Create your myCigna.com account with the following instructions:
- Visit myCigna.com
- Click on ‘Register’
- Provide your ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ as prompted
- Provide your Birthdate as prompted
- Provide your home ZIP code as prompted
- Choose a method to verify your identity
- Once verified, you will be able to create a login account with MyCigna.com
Who can participate?
Can my dependents participate?
Only the employee needs to complete the actions needed to become Healthy Actions eligible. Once eligible, all dependents under the employee’s benefits will also receive discounts from the plan.
Can I participate as a new employee?
- All new employees must be insurance eligible with Harris County insurance to receive credit for actions.
- Actions that were completed before becoming Harris County insurance eligible will not be accepted.
- All actions must be completed using Harris County insurance Cigna (medical/dental) or Davis Vision (vision) to receive Healthy Actions Medical Plan credit.
How can I check my Healthy Actions status?
Starting March 16, 2020, all Healthy Actions will be posted onto your myCigna.com account. You can see these actions through the following instructions:
- Visit myCigna.com and sign into your account
- Click on ‘Wellness’
- Under ‘Rewards & Programs’, click on ‘Healthy Actions Medical Plan’