Flu Vaccination Program
Getting a flu shot is FREE for any Harris County employee covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a limited schedule will be available. Flu shots will be administered on a first come, first serve basis.
Download the Flu Schedule
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
The Fluzone Quadrivalent flu vaccine
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
Full-time Harris County employees and spouses covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna), bring driver's license & Cigna insurance card
Full-time Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period, bring driver's license & Employee ID number
• Under 18 years of age
• People who have had a previous reaction to the flu vaccine
• People who are ill or have had a fever in the last 72 hours
• People who have Guillain-Barre Syndrome
• People who are sensitive to latex
• People with allergies to eggs, egg products, a previous vaccine, or Thimerosal
CAN'T MAKE IT TO AN IN-PERSON FLU EVENT?
- Visit an in-network retail pharmacy or your primary care provider to receive a a flu shot for free using your Harris Couny insurance (Cigna).
- Beginning September 2nd, visit the Harris County Employee Health & Wellness Clinic! The clinic is managed by Kelsey-Seybold Clinic and is located at 1310 Prairie Street, 9th Floor. Please call ahead (713-442-9355) to schedule your appointment.
- Call Cigna (1-800-244-6224) for more options near you!
Please contact your HR/Benefits Coordinator, Wellness Champion or email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your site is hosting an event.
Employees that receive the flu vaccination using their Cigna medical insurance earn 25 points toward their 2022-2023 Healthy Actions Medical Plan eligibility. Click here to learn more.