Our next session of the highly successful weight loss program, Naturally Slim, will begin in January 2014!
Want to participate? Begin by completing your FREE 2013 Wellness Screening by Quest Diagnostics.
About the Program
Naturally Slim is a 10 week program featuring weekly videos, a workbook, health information and frequent correspondence and positive guidance from a personal health counselor. Each week features an online video (approximately 40 minutes long) for you to watch in the privacy of your own home and at your convenience.
This isn't a diet, it's a way of life. Naturally Slim is based on the belief that we are all thin on the inside – it is just how, when and why we eat that keeps us from being that truly thin person on the outside. Following this approach to weight loss, the program helps you discover your own beliefs about food and personal eating habits. By conquering the bad habits that have influenced your health and lifestyle and reshaping how you view food, Naturally Slim can help you lose weight and improve your health.
How To Participate
- Complete your FREE 2013 Wellness Screening provided by Quest Diagnostics by September 30, 2013. If you have had blood work completed between October 1, 2012 and September 15, 2013 and would like to submit this instead, please request a Physician Results Form at email@example.com or call the Benefits Office at 713-755-7057. Note: Your physician must provide all requested lab values on the form and you may be responsible for any applicable fees and copays charged by the doctor’s office. The form should be submitted by your physician directly to Quest Diagnostics no later than September 30, 2013.
- Complete the online application at www.naturallyslim.com/HarrisCounty. The application is currently NOT OPEN. It will open December 2, 2013 and close December 15, 2013.
The Naturally Slim Foundations program is $385 per participant. However, if you are accepted, the cost will be covered 100% by the Harris County medical plan (Aetna).
Once You Are Accepted
Eligible applicants that are accepted MUST fully complete the program by doing the following:
- Complete at least 9 out of the 10 weekly sessions.
- Complete your post-program, free wellness screening at a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center.
If you do not complete the program by meeting the above criteria, you will not be allowed to participate in future offerings of Naturally Slim coordinated by Harris County.
- September 30, 2013: Deadline to complete your 2013 Wellness Screening.
- December 2 - 15, 2013: Apply using the online application at www.naturallyslim.com/HarrisCounty.
- December 20, 2013: All applicants will be notified whether or not they are accepted.
- January 6, 2014: Online program begins for accepted applicants.
- February 17, 2014: Advanced program participants end their 7-week NS program.
- March 10, 2014: Foundations program participants end their 10-week NS program.
- 2014 Naturally Slim Program Flyer, click here.
- 2014 Naturally Slim Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Already Completed Naturally Slim? Try the Advanced Program!
Employees that successfully completed the 2013 Foundations program of Naturally Slim may participate in the Naturally Slim Advanced course beginning January 2014. You will still need to follow the same steps as above and complete your FREE 2013 Wellness Screening by September 2013. Once you apply, you will automatically be accepted into the Advanced course at NO COST to you.
The Advanced course is a 7-week program that reinforces the basic principles of Naturally Slim and dives deeper into previously taught topics such as exercise, portion size, stress and the quality of the foods we consume.
If you are interested in taking the Advanced course, click here to learn more.
A Note About Confidentiality...
The information that you provide to any program professional who is representing Harris County will be considered confidential and will be available only to you and those professionals. Harris County will have no access to the personal health information that you include in the online application. Furthermore, each of our program partners cannot sell or otherwise divulge any participant information to any unauthorized party.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.